Are you planning on hosting a few large family gatherings this season or maybe have a few cookouts with friends? If so, then you know that one of the most popular vegetables to use as a side is sweet corn! Although you could buy this healthy treat at your local market, there’s nothing quite like home grown sweet corn straight from your personal garden or farm land! At Merit Seed in Holmes County, Ohio, you can find vegetable seeds, agricultural seeds, and more! If you’re considering growing sweet corn this season, you’ll find that Merit Seed has a variety of different types for you to choose from! If you’re unsure of which type would be best to start growing at your Tuscarawas County, Ohio or Wayne County, Ohio location, the friendly staff of Merit Seed will be happy to help! For quality seeds for your garden and even local wildlife, Merit Seed is the only place to go this season!
When it comes to growing sweet corn, there are a few basics you should know. First, you’ll need to know what time to plant the seeds as well as how to tend to them for the best yield. However, when considering where the best location to plant your corn seed may be, you may want to decide which type of sweet corn you want to grow. There are a variety of different types of sweet corn seed to choose from:
- Ambrosia Sweet Corn – A bi-color Bodacious with good spring vigor.
- Bodacious Sweet Corn – Yellow, superior sweet flavor and holding ability.
- Gold Nuggets Sweet Corn – Yellow, large ears, superior holding, our best early sweet corn.
- Incredible Sweet Corn – Yellow, large eared and superior eating quality sweet corn.
- Jack Pot Sweet Corn – Bi-Color hybrid, large ears, good disease resistance.
- Miracle Sweet Corn – Yellow, good eating quality, good disease resistance.
- Peaches & Corn Sweet Corn – Bi-Color, a popular home garden hybrid.
- Silver Queen Sweet Corn – White, most popular, good eating hybrid.
With such a vast selection to choose from, which will you decide to grow? After all, there’s nothing quite like home grown sweet corn! The work you put in to it and the reward you get out of it makes your sweet corn taste even sweeter! Regardless of your location –Wayne County, Tuscarawas County, Holmes County— the friendly staff of Merit Seed is more than happy to help you select the perfect seed to grow this year.
Do you have everything prepared to start growing sweet corn on your Wayne County, Ohio or Tuscarawas County, Ohio property? If you’re still unsure of which sweet corn seed is best for your property, consult the knowledgeable staff of Merit Seed. They’ll be happy to assist you in finding the perfect seed for your property as well as answer any questions you may have. For quality seeds, visit a company you can rely on in Holmes County, Ohio this season – Merit Seed! For more information on products and services, visit www.meritseed.com or call 330.893.3196 today!
4759 Township Road 366
Millersburg, OH 44654